With the recent high profile and a wide spread computer viruses making headlines its become obvious that the future is now!
Here are some facts you must know about cyber security:
What is cyber Security?
Answer: The term “ Cyber Security “was coined in 1988, as a result of the first registered virus, the “ Mors Worm” .
The worm caused many computers to slow down, almost to the point they became unusable.
Today’s viruses mostly target business websites and servers, however credit cards transaction became one of the strongest and the most demanded target in retails environment.
Today’s viruses and data bridges became more advanced and sophisticated. Several organizations proved the fact, that the cyber space is not safe.
How do you prevent from it, and keep you network away from exposure?
Here are some simple, but very crucial procedures to make it happen:
Computers and Server :
- Think of you’re posting on Social Media ( confidential personal information)
- Make sure to change default passwords on all devices and programs ( especially wearable’s : fitness band, smart watches etc.)
Notes: Make sure that you are not using simple passwords as: 1234.4321, password, etc.
The Guideline: lower case, upper case, symbol, number
- Use multi-factor authentication – if available ( second password – dual factor verification )
- Make sure the Anti-Virus is installed and up-to-date
- Launch patches and updates suggested by the manufacture ( in most cases those are created as improvements of the security)
- PIN protect your phone!
- Use Biometrics – if available
- Limit the App interaction between other apps on you device ( make sure to limit the cloud interaction to very minimum)
- Turn ON the “Device Locator” ( in case you loose your devices it makes it easy to find)
- Use secure system manager (located in you mobile device settings). To improve security of each app individually.